Friday, March 21, 2008

I'm In The Army Now

I am an Army Cadet. Soon I will take an oath and become an Army Officer committed to defending the values which make this nation great. Honor is my touchstone. I understand mission first and people always.

I am the past – the spirit of those warriors who have made the final sacrifice.

I am the present – the scholar and apprentice soldier enhancing my skills in the science of warfare and the art of leadership.

But above all, I am the future – the future warrior leader of the United States Army. May God give me the compassion and judgment to lead and the gallantry in battle to win.

I will do my duty.



On Thursday, March 20 2008 at 13:05 I contracted with the UND Army ROTC to become and Army officer. It was a great day. I was nervous cause it is a decision that will affect both Anna and I for the next 11 years (three more years of school and 8 in the army). It was a special day also cause the Brigade Commander (head of 20 university ROTC's) swore me in. There were a lot of people there to watch and support my which made it even more special and less scary. I will get some pictures of it soon. As for now... I am out to run cause i was challanged by my ROTC teacher to make the 320 club ( that is a score of 320 on a PT test) which very few ever do becase a 300 is considered a perfect score and anything above that is great. I can't wait till our friends the Eldredge's come so I will have a running partner!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

YEAH!! I can't wait to see you guys and have Jon making the same great decisions! Thank you guys so much for the present! It was the best surprise ever! Especially after such a crazy week. We will see you guys in two weeks! Call you soon!